We wanted to share a couple tips regarding your garage door openers and lightning strikes or power surges. After a thunderstorm we see garage door openers that start having issues after a power surge due to lightning. When this happens the circuit board on the opener and possibly the safety photo eyes may be damaged.
- Garage door opener operates erratically
- Transmitters and keyless entries will not work with garage door opener
- The LED lights on the photo eyes are not lit up
- Light flashes repeatedly on the back of the circuit board
- Garage door opener acts like it has no power even when there is power going to the outlet.
If you experiencing any of these symptoms after a storm or power surge please give us a call and our knowledgeable service techs will get you up and running again!