Here at All Seasons Garage Door Company, we place high value on safety. With this being a main focus of ours, we wanted to share some tips to keep your garage door safe and running well. Here are our top 10 tips for garage door safety and maintenance.
Garage Door Safety Tips
- Make sure the garage door opener control button is out of the reach of small children.
- Do not let children play with garage door remote controls
- Consult the owner’s manual or call us to learn how to use the garage door’s emergency release feature.
- Visually inspect the garage door each month. Look at springs, cables rollers and other parts for signs of wear. Call us if you see that any parts are in need of being replaced.
- Test the garage door opener’s reversing mechanism by placing a roll of paper towels in the door’s path. If the door does not reverse after contacting the object, call us for repair of or replacement of the garage door opener. It the opener has not been replaced since 1993 consider a new one with the safety photo eye sensors.
- Never place fingers between the sections and explain the danger to children. We sell a model of garage door with a pinch resistant hinge that helps to avoid injury.
- Do not leave the garage door partially open. When activated again, it may travel downward & come in contact with an object in its path.
- While on vacation, unplug the garage door opener or use the vacation lock button. This will make the remotes unusable.
- A new trend in home invasion is gaining access to the home by stealing the remote control. Never leave your remote control visible in the car or with a parking attendant.
- Do not hang anything from door or tracks. This can cause serious injury and damage.
Importance of Regular Garage Door Maintenance
Garage doors are the largest moving object in your home. They need a yearly tune up and lubrication to make sure they are working well. When you’re needing a garage door repair, maintenance or new door installation service, reach out to the pros at All Seasons Garage Door Company!